Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What IF?


So - on Saturday I turned 25. Isn't that crazy? Was a great weekend - minus the MAJOR hangover Sunday and deciding that even thought I don't really drink much anymore, I'll try and drink about 10 shots of vodka and who knows how many beers. Smart for sure. And to top it off - that was at the wedding - Jon & Lisa's wedding. So I hear the bride was on the ground with me feeding her drunk friend aka ME - bread. Sorry Lisa. thankfully John Holt came and picked me up and took me to my folks - where my dad put me to bed with a bucket! Happy Birthday to me! =p

ha ha Sunday was a BBQ by my folks for me - would have been a lot better not so hungover, but you can only do what you can do. School is out - well kind of. I have one more class, but not for 2 more weeks. Very stupid in my opinion to wait for 3 weeks to have the final class when all we will be doing is taking out notebooks in, but that is what it is. I could be in Vegas with Pop & Mom for Mom's bday, but instead I'll be in class - I know you're jealous.

First triathlon of the season - Trideltathon - was on the 19th. Did really well. Finished in 1hr 21mins 23 secs. A lot better then I thought I'd do and I made it up the hill. Invested in a road bike, but haven't had the chance to ride it much yet. Got really sick - bronchitis - the Monday after the tri, then the birthday and no just trying to get caught up on life.

Went to lunch with Eric yesterday - always interesting. We got to talking about how I just really am not where I want to be at this point in my life. Kinda funny to think that at 18 - I thought I knew everything, I was going to marry Eric after college and we were going to be happy forever. HA then life became reality and I realized that at 18 I was completely clueless and had no idea what life had in store. People are always amazed when they learn everything I have been blessed with having the opportunity to do, but there is SO much more I want. I still want to get to Africa, Australia, South America. I want to speak fluent Spanish and German or Italian. I want to move to the west coast for a couple years. I want to bike from the west coast to the east coast. And that is just the tip - there is so much more I want to do, yet here I am just turned 25 and the scariest thing to me is that I am single.

I know being single isn't bad. And I get it that I am young, but that doesn't take away from the part that I want someone to share everything with. And I want someone to go on those adventures I have left with. I want to meet someone who has the same drive, focus and adventure that I do. I don't want to be tied down by a job or by making money. Life is far to short. I want to spread my wings and make a difference. I want to know that I have done everything God wanted me to do. I never want to look back and wonder.....WHAT IF??

1 comment:

  1. LOL, i sure did get on my knees in my white wedding dress IN THE DIRT to feed you! what are friends for??!!

    ReplyDelete