Thursday, June 6, 2013

Remember D-Day

Hello Loves -- Happy Thursday! Can't believe it's already the 6th of June.  Crazy.  A lot of people forget the importance of this day, but please take time to remember.  Today is D-Day - 1944 - a lot of young Americans gave the final call.  I am blessed to be a military brat - proud of it too! Thankful for all our service men and women - past, present and future!
Yesterday - OSU Alumni also made me happy - I will NOT miss Homecoming Weekend this year! I haven't seen my OSU friends in a hot minute. Not to mention last year my boy Chuck and his friends planned stuff for Homecoming Weekend. Who wants to go with me?

Guess who was cleared to go back to normal activities?!? That's right - THIS GIRL!!! Since yesterday was National Running Day, I decided I really wanted to try and get my first run back since the break too. I meet with one of my Jersey running buddies, Jen.  We just did under a mile, but I ran.  It hurt a little, but I was out there and that's all that matters to me.  After my run I headed over to the box for the Rx class.  Our strength wasn't just push press - it was 3 Power Cleans + 3 Push Press.  I got to 95.  I did 3 Power Cleans at 100, but they were sloppy so I didn't bother pressing.  My ankle didn't bother my too much so I'm looking forward to going today too! I'm not sure if I'll do the metcon or not - A still having issues with my hip/groin on the left side and B - I'm not sure I can do jump rope, let alone Double Unders yet haha. We shall see what I decide to do!

The #25DayChallenge at my box. I'm doing ok with the eating Paleo - cleaning it up more each day.  Tuesday was off since we went to Baltimore with the kids and I forgot my bag of goodies. Since then I've been ok.  I really want chocolate or ice cream but I'm holding out. I know that my nutrition is the biggest factor holding me back from my goals, so I'm really trying to make this stick and clean it up...for good. 
This also happened last night haha. I love my friends.  Jilly cracks me up.  Her schedule has sucked recently, so we have not been able to see a ton of each other. Her hubs got a new car and he travels and does sales so good for him! Happy hubby & happy wife make for a fabulous life :)

How's your week?
Are you doing any current challenges?
~xoxo
M

No comments:

Post a Comment