Sunday, March 17, 2013

Relaxing Sunday + Fitness Recap

Hello Lovebugs!! How's your weekend been? Good I hope.  Saturday I updated ya'll on how the 13.2 workout went (check it out here). Saturday was filled with Saturday school at school -- I have to say, I am SO lucky to love my job and my coworkers.  I really don't mind coming in on Saturdays to work with the kids because they are really good and my coworkers are really fabulous.  We ended with a game of kickball.  I have a nice little bruise on my knee from catching a ball and falling all at the same time.  It was fun. After school I went and meet up with my girlfriend Ashley for lunch at Red Robin. I love that place.  Lettuce wrapped burgers are my thing!
Anyways - it was the first time I got to see her since her & TB got engaged.  It was great to catch up and talk.  I really love our time together. I came home from lunch and took a 2.5 hour nap.  It was glorious haha. Then I got some stuff done around the house and headed over to Ali's house to have a girls night with her, Rachel & my Jilly. It was great! These awesome "Dirty Green Smoothies" happened -- same as last time except instead of Loopy vodka, we used one that tasted like Swedish Fish.  They were good.  I also had a small glass of wine.  Plus lots of talking, giggles, stories, updates and love.  I seriously LOVE these girls and our nights!! We always go to Ali's because her hubs is typically working and the kids are down so it makes it easy for her.  I was there WAY later then I thought.  I think it was a little after 1:30 when I finally got home and into bed.
Today I slept in till 8:30.  It was fabulous! My body never lets me do that.  I laid around until the very last minute to get up and going for run club too.  It was fun today - we did some drills on the GHD sit ups/ball throws + grip/pull-up work, then some fun burpee relays and an army crawl relay.  After that we headed out for a 4.5 mile run.  I was the caboose. I'm always the caboose.  One day I'm going to figure out how to go faster.  People don't believe me because I run a lot of races and stuff that I am SLOW. I don't really mind it -- I mean don't get me wrong....I'd LOVE to go faster, but slow is better then stopped right?!? I'll get there. After run club I hit up Whole Foods with Jilly. I love Whole Foods. Not a lot to get this week (PS it's 9:30 and I still haven't started cooking -- going to be a late night haha).
I came home -- talked to DA (yes, we are talking again....one day we will get it together and figure everything out...not much to update except we are talking and still figuring things out). I watched my BUCKEYES do work!! Can't wait for March Madness! I also took another nap -- 3 hours.  I was a napping machine this weekend - guess my body needed it!

This weeks Fitness

Monday: CrossFit - Back Squat PR
Tuesday: CrossFit
Wednesday: CrossFit + Run - 4x5min quick pace 2 min recover & 50 hollow rocks
Thursday: Rest
Friday: CrossFit 13.2
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: Run Club - 4.5 miles

Now I'm off wake up this big baby and to prep some grub for this week and finish my laundry! Hope you've had a fabulous weekend :)
~xx
M

3 comments:

  1. My weekend was spent at work, but my 7 days off are coming to me I the morning so all is well now. Is Saturday school for tutorial or everyone? Your wkd sounded super fun. I love a good girls night. Good luck working out that situation, I'm so with you on that. Have a great cross fit week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My 7 days off are coming, so far yet so close haha! I need a little break from my kiddos! And Saturday is just for tutorial for NJASK prep for students. Its optional and they pick to come or not. And thanks -- I wish I could just pick up and move b/c it would make life for us much easier :)

      Delete