Thursday, July 11, 2013

12 Week Update....Guess What I Did?

Hello Loves! Hope you're having a fabulous week!! After last weekend, I'm still having a great week! Monday night I went to the Phillies game with my girl Allie! We went late that way we could get our WOD on first. I'm glad we decided to WOD first...I needed it.

We started an OLY series we will be doing on Monday - snatch work. 2x2 at 60,65,70,75 & 80% of your 1RM.  I have no idea what mine is so I just worked in with my girl Nilda who was doing it based off 100# 1RM. Seemed to work well. I got all the lifts in and felt good. The video shoes the first two of 75# and the first two at 80#.
We also did some back squat work.  Coach worked in with me since she is recovering and so am I.  I actually got up to 155# for 3, which you can see in the video.  Knees came in and it was HEAVY, but ankle and hip felt pretty good.

I'm slowly getting these numbers back up.  After this our metcon of 5 rounds of 5 pull-ups, 10 front squats at 65 and 15 WB kicked my butt haha!

I think I was able to get all this done because I came to class from physical therapy. Either way, I'm happy with how I'm coming back.
Tuesday I ended up not working out.  Unplanned rest day, but I'm sure my body was ok with it. I technically did 4 on, 1 off, 3 on 1 off so I am ok with it.  I was too busy running around getting stuff done. I had to take the girls to the groomer, went and put money down for the deposit for my new apartment (which I can't WAIT to move into), got an adjustment at the chiro (bonus of seeing my old CrossFit gymnastic coach and friend Jordanna) and then had to pick the girls up.  I did not get home in time to go WOD, but it's ok.  Sometimes life happens and you just make do.
Katie drinking soup! ha
However I did get to go have dinner with T and Katie (who is the girl I'm working with this summer at the camp). It was fun to just catch up and talk with them.  I am enjoying getting to know Katie better.  She is a blast to work with and we seem to get along really well.  Her and her BF are buying a house so we have both been talking about having a girls night in our new places :)

Yesterday marked my 12 week date since I broke my ankle on the rope. Now little back story - I wasn't doing anything cool. I've never in my life been able to climb a rope nor did I ever think I would. I was standing on a box and holding onto the rope for as long as I could (maybe 5 seconds) and then would step back on to the box, rest and try again.  As I came off the box, I stepped on the tail and broke my ankle. Silly right? Bring on my 12 week date...

It started with a 6:30 am WOD of deadlift - PRed at 185 for three and then a metcon of 4 deadlifts at 120, 8 burpees and 12 wallballs - AMRAP in 12 minutes - I got 5 rounds and into the wallballs of the 6th.  Then I went to PT. After PT I ran some errands then went to the pool for work till 6.  After work I headed back to the box.  I wanted to try and climb the rope.  Guess what I did?!? I climbed the rope!! It was SO cool.  I got nervous half way up and came down, but it's a start and that's more then I've ever been able to do!!! You can see the video and how excited I was. For some folks I know this is a walk in the park, but for me it means more then a lot of people will get.  That is the EXACT rope that 12 weeks ago I couldn't even hold myself up for more then 5 seconds.  That is the EXACT rope I broke my ankle on.  That is the EXACT rope that was a blessing in disguise.  Breaking my ankle was a major blessing.  I got to grow a lot as an athlete and person.  I learned how to ask for help and know that it is ok sometimes to just ask people for help.  I also really got to focus on how weak my upper body and core were.  It has been an amazing journey.
 
Hope you're week has been good! Anything cool going on for you?
 
PS anyone working the CrossFit Games? If so, want a roomie? I've been offered a spot but don't have a roomie and can't afford a room solo...whomp whomp :(
 
~xoxo
M

No comments:

Post a Comment