Thursday, July 25, 2013

Dreaming of The Games

Hello Loves! How goes it? Here I am blogging from Jersey when I should be in California working the games. However, it was not in the cards for this year. I'm living vicariously through friends tweets and Instagrams plus updates from CrossFit and Lisbeth. The good news is I'm at camp and I love this summer job. 
Always a bonus to love what you do. I consider myself über lucky too since I love my regular full time job and this bonus summer job is fabulous too!! Our staff is pretty sweet - Katie and I made out with our counselors! They are great!

I went to dinner last night with BNic from school - other middle math teacher. It was good. I adore her and had a blast catching up. We both can't believe how fast this summer is going. Only two more weeks left of camp, then a few days before the JT/JayZ concert with some loves & CrossFit Aspire ladies then TENNESSEE bound for a week!!!
CrossFit is going great this week. 

Tuesday - Push Jerk 1x2 @ 120#. First was sloppy but second felt good. Metcon was brutal - 3 rounds: 10 shoulder-to-overhead, 15KB swings and 30 DU (well attempts for me). I actually did decently well on the DU attempts. Connected 5 in a row with 5 singles, DU, 5 singles, DU, etc. I also did cash out with Tricia and Nilda - 4 400m repeats with ~30s rest, 3x20 Russian twists with 14# medball and finally 3x1:00 min plank holds - I couldn't do the full mins. Need core work! Can't wait to do Kat's August Core Challenge - join me?

Wednesday - back squat 1x8 @ 145#. I tried for 150 and failed on the 7th. I'm ok with it. My number is slowly climbing back up and I love. It really pushed my legs and I needed to feel that. Metcon was 4 rounds: 400m run + 20 wallballs 14#. No cash out because I went straight to PT haha. That's definetly extra work!

Haven't WODed today yet....going after camp tonight. We got Deadlifts and Diane on the books. Plus some bonus cash out - but I will have to tell you later because I can't remember what it is!

I haven't run this week. I need to get out and do it. Well I've run, but only at CrossFit. I need to get some more time out - even if it is just short/speed stuff. Lord knows can't hurt me to try and get faster haha. Dumbo Double Dare is coming SUPER quick!!

How's your week? Good workouts? Are you going to do Kat's core challenge too?

~xo
M

6 comments:

  1. A whole gaggle of people from my gym rented a beach house and went to the games. I am so jealous. I too am loving Lisbeth's coverage. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soooo jealous! Did they have a blast?!? Next year we go :)

      Delete
  2. My workouts were ok, but the one this morning was fantastic. I've struggled to get back in routine after being out of town. I always love your passion and energy for all forms of education!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! Education is SO important! I agree - getting back into the swing after vaca is hard!

      Delete
  3. The vid didn't work for me :( Hopefully next year you can do the games? If it hasn't passed yet enjoy the jayz/jt concert! coming from your fellow Hov lover! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks love! I hope so too!! Ps my concert is the 13th. Can't wait!!!

      Delete