Sunday, September 15, 2013

DumboDoubleDare Racecation...Part 2

Hello loves! Finally getting around to updating all of y'all on my awesome Disney racecation.  You can find Part 1 here. After an awesome night out with my God-sisters, Friday morning was an early start.  We definetly had a head start since I was still on East Coast time.  Mama and I headed down to Chula Vista to pick up God-Mom then got on our way to Disneyland! They dropped me off at the expo...which if you haven't heard by now, it was a not so hot experience.  I'm not going to complain or whine on here...stuff needs to be changed by next year's event, and I know RunDisney is doing their best to get it done.
God-Mom & Mama
After the expo GodMom, Mama and I went over to the parks. We went to Disneyland. It was SUPER hot. We did some of the smaller rides. The ladies also got themselves those know that spray you too! Haha they were funny! We rode the train around and did a couple rides.  I made sure to go see the Iron Man exhibit.  Incase you don't know - IRON MAN GEEK! Seriously - total geek out moment there. I left early and headed back to rest. Mama and God-Mom stayed and did some other stuff.
Me, Shireen and Jamie
Saturday morning I woke up and got ready for race time! Ro wasn't going to make the 10K because she did not get her packet in time. I got ready in my sweet new Sparkle Athletic skirt and Raw Threads shirt. Obviously I was nervous about my ankle.  I did not have a goal time or some PR I wanted.  Goal was to finish out the weekend with a healthy ankle and races done.  Thank GOD for Shireen and Jamie.  I meet up with them around mile 2 and they saved me.  I totally held them up, but they were sweet enough to stay with me. By the end of the race, I had two new race friends (both from California, so totally have to get out there for a race haha). We had lots of fun talking and getting to know each other. I really enjoyed their company and help.  For not running more then two miles since before I broke my ankle and it having been six months, I was pumped. Now for the coolest part of my whole trip. I have been running for about five years now - everything from 5Ks to Full Marathons - and I've never had family at a race to cheer me on. I had actually just finished telling my new friends about how my Mama was there to support me.  As we came into the last half mile or so, we came around the corner and Mama was THERE! It honestly MADE MY WHOLE RACE!! I've had friends at races before, which is always awesome, but to actually have Mama there was awesome. We finished the race and I headed back to the hotel.  I grabbed a shower and then had some brunch with Mama & God-Mom at the hotel.  They went to the park and I watched the Buckeyes play and then a nap.

Once I woke up - I headed over to the park and hung out with the ladies. It was super hot again. We just did some shows and a ride or two.  Nothing major. (My recaps aren't uber fun huh? haha) It was a fun day, but I was scared to be on my ankle too much.  I really want to go back and have more time at the parks. After hanging out for a while, we headed back to the hotel.  One of my ex-boyfriends and favorite people in the WHOLE world lives out there so we decided to go to dinner. It was honestly amazing to see him, and that could be an understatment.  It was like time hadn't passed at all. 
Me & Tony

 Didn't skip a beat. Always interesting to be reminded of such an amazing time in your life! Him and I had such an amazing relationship. We ended up spliting due to distance, but I'm happy we can still catch up and be such good friends.  You never know what will happen ;)

It was a good dinner and relaxed night to have before the half marathon. I made plans to meet up with Ro and Shireen for the half marathon. Next up...the amazing half marathon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment