Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Running Groove Back? Not Yet...But CrossFit & Paleo Help :)

So....GUESS WHAT?!?! Thanks to my awesome friend Michelle - I got pushed harder on a run then I have in a VERY long time!!! I've decided to help find my running groove again, I have to set some goals.  I'm not setting anything for Disney (at least not yet!) - but before the end of the year I want to try and break a 30 minute 5K.  We shall see if it happens.  Now when I say that, I want to run it without intervals.  Last night Michelle pushed me through 3.1miles in 35 minutes.  I stopped at 2.1 and walked for about 2 minutes.  It was extremely hard, but I felt great when I was done!! My legs were tired but I'm glad she pushed me. I'm pretty sure I have to thank Alycia, Justin, Beth, Bonnie & Alex for all their awesome coaching these past four months too - I am a firm believe that CrossFit is helping my running.  I'm not the only one - check out this post :)


I also got to rock my new Saucony shoes and my Nike capris :)  

Today is the end of the Paleo Challenge at Aspire.  I'm glad it's done, but I don't plan on going back to non-paleo.  I don't think I'll be as strict, but I plan to do 80-85% of the time full Paleo. I'm most excited for sushi with Dollface on Thursday! Paleo has definitely taught me how much I let myself cheat for reason that don't really equal the cheat. I'm hoping to keep going in the direction I am.  I feel better and have leaned out. I still have about 15-20ish pounds I'd love to cut in a "dream world", but if I keep toning but stay at this weight, I'm ok with that too :)  I don't want ya'll to just hear about my Paleo world - I've asked two of my friends from Aspire to share their story too!!

Today we did Aspire's benchmark workout "The Garage" - For time - 3 rounds - 10 pull-ups, 10 Front Squats, 10 Burpees. Back at the beginning of the Paleo Challenge - it kicked my butt - I did 9:36 - 65# for the FS and the black (most help) band for the pull-ups.  By the third round I couldn't even get over the bar for the pull-ups. Now, I've been doing a lot better on the pull-up lately as I've said in other post - I've even gone down on bands to the grey with a red. Today - we did "The Garage" again - exactly as we did at the front of the Challenge.  I did 6:23!!! Talk about showing progress!! I couldn't believe how much of an improvement I made.  And getting to use the black band was crazy - I remember how hard they use to be and today they were super easy!! This alone explains why I LOVE CrossFit - getting to see your body change, you outlook change and your workouts get better! FANTASTIC :)


That's all for now! Enjoy your day!
~xoxo
M

No comments:

Post a Comment