Friday, November 9, 2012

Hanging with the BIG Kids - Thankful for CrossFit Aspire

Ok...so I have not been nervous about going to CrossFit since my first week.  The first week I was super nervous - I didn't know if I could do it, if I'd embaress myself, etc. Obviously as we all know by now - CrossFit is the BEST thing I have ever done for myself!! Not just physcially, but emotionally and socially.  And my whole outlook on life & diet has changed! I am SOOOOOO beyond THANKFUL for Aspire, Justin & Alycia, Jill, Francine, Nilda, Sharon, Ali, and everyone else I've become friends with. I honestly can't imagine my life without Aspire & CrossFit.


Alycia gave me permission to try a Olympic Lifting Class - now I was suppose to try it the week of the awesome hospital trip which couldn't happen, then I was on bed rest the next two weeks. Which now brings us to last night.  I went to have sushi with Dollface first.  On my way to the box - my stomach was doing flips.  I honestly haven't been that nervous in a very long time. When I got there, Alycia was the by the door talking to the new coach - blanking on his name right now - sorry.  I explained to her how nervous I was and she said I'd be fine.  The class was awesome.  It was nice to really work on the form - not really the strength.  We worked on jerks, cleans then clean & jerks. haha! I got up to 85# so I was happy with that.  It wasn't super heavy, but heavy enough to push myself. I caught myself in the chin at 65# so I added some weight so it didn't fly up so quick.

So for my Month of Thanks - I've missed the 7, 8 & today - so for these last three days - I am thankful for CrossFit Aspire.  All three days! Because my life has changed for the better and I honestly can't thank them enough for believing in me.

~xoxo

M

1 comment:

  1. We are thankful for you, Melissa. It's our members that help make this place a great place to be. Glad you had a good experience at Olympic Lifting class!

    ReplyDelete