Friday, February 22, 2013

Happy Friday :)

Happy happy Friday ya'll!! I am SO excited for this weekend -- I am going down to MD to visit my BOO!! Aka my best friend Audrey!! Bonus is visiting her hubs & kiddos too!! :) How has your week been? BRUTAL here.  I think since Monday was off and our after school tutoring program goes Tuesday-Thursday, it was a LONG first day.  Which in turn just made the week seem like it was FOREVER! haha Good week though -- I really do love my job! I am thankful to get to do something I love every day -- but yes, some of you asked about my post from yesterday and why I don't pursue a job in the running or CrossFit world.  That's a good question.  I don't know.  Fear of not being good enough, or smart enough or the fact both my undergrad and masters are in education and human development - not social media, or exercise science or marketing -- even though I think I could be really good at some of that stuff. I don't know.  For now, I LOVE teaching and coaching the basketball and softball teams AND maybe I'm a little chicken of failure :)

Ok so the other day I blogged about my food prep here.  That quiche is SO good. I'm stoked I found the recipe. Def adding some type of meat next time, but I tried it with salsa on top and HOLY YUM!! It was SO good. My 30 Day Paleo Challenge with Karli is going well.  I miss chocolate. A lot.  I have realized how lose I was being with my food though.  Five days into this challenge, I now know that I was letting myself "cheat" a lot.  Still pretty paleo but a piece of chocolate here - a fry there - etc.  I'm feeling REALLY good these past couple days.  Even though I did cheat yesterday - had some fries at lunch with the kiddos.  DAMN.  Didn't even realize till like my 5th or 6th fry.  Good news is they won't make or break my 30 Day.  Just my brain haha :)
What else -- this happened -- Wednesday -- I did a 115# complex of front squat, push jerk, front squat then a split jerk.  YAY! I was stoked to get 115#.  It was HEAVY! PS don't you like my bright outfit :)

Then last night this happened....

ALMOST had 1 set of 6 at 155#.  #BEASTMODE PS did you see how awesome Justin was? He was coming to save me! Love my box -- and did you hear everyone cheering for me on the 5th -- seriously.  My BOX is AWESOME!!! Our new Rx class is going to be the death of me or what pushes me to some sweets PRs.  I didn't realize it was 3x6 build yesterday -- totally thought it was just building up to a heavy set of 6 - whoops. Last time we did 3x6 I only got 115# so I am pumped to have done a set of 135 for six, 145 for six and failed on the 6th at 155#. My legs are coming back!! Before the marathon I had 3x6 at 150.  So I still have a ways to go, but I'm improving so I'll take it.  I also got to use the BIG KID kettle bell for the metcon! In 3 mins - row 250m, 15 burpees (the BIG KIDs did 20, but I wouldn't have gotten an KB swings) then KB swing till the 3 mins was done.  Then we rested for 3 mins and did it again for 4 rounds. I'm sore this morning in my shoulder/lower back. Just like the building muscle sore ya know?

Update on DA -- still nothing - crappy update huh? Crappy feeling too :( Makes me uber stoked to see my Boo and crew this weekend.  Much needed.  Thinking of taking this afternoon off of CF and going to the box by her house tomorrow.

This is what is happening as I type - I love my girls! SO cute!

How was the end of your week? Any fun news?

~xoxo
M

10 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa, cool that you went into more detail today. I understand your apprehension and you have your hands full coaching as well. I think that is awesome. It would be cool to tie them all together though. That is what I'm trying to do with the blog: writing, pharmacy, group fitness, finances, etc. I'm loving it! SN: If I keep reading Crossfit blogs, I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and go on over and give it a try. I sooo want some whenever I read all the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl -- you will LOVE it!! It's the best thing I've ever done for myself. I love it!!! And yes -- if I could tie it all together, that would be awesome!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you have a great weekend planned!!! Good job on your squatting numbers! Some of it sounded like a foreign language...but I'm supporting you all the way! Is DA the boyfriend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yea it's a different language - but it's fun to watch it go up! DA was/is the boy - still not sure what is going on but I deserve the best according to you :) So I will wait for that!

      Delete
  3. Holy crap you are strong girl. I LOVE it! I can barely lift the bar. Slowly getting stronger, but people like you inspire me.
    I am a teacher too and I totally agree that even though it was a hort week it felt soooooo long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?!? SOOOO long! Now into the next one :) Girl -- stick with it -- you'll totally get stronger! I'll inspire you for lifting and you can keep me inspired for running! :)

      Delete
  4. Nothing much to report here! I think I need to make quiche - everyone says it's so yummy!

    Congrats on doing well on your paleo challenge!

    P.S. You are ROCKING the weights! Holy cow, lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha now if my running could just match my weights =P

      Delete