Friday, February 15, 2013

What A Week + 30Day Paleo Challenge

Good morning loves!! Hope ya'll are having a fabulous week! It has been a busy, busy week.  I am really, really missing DA.  Distance sucks and I'm over it.  Even harder when everyone is in your ear and putting things in your head and you're an over thinker.  BLAH -- oh well.  Hopefully everything works out, but I am not sure. We have to agree to be bigger and better then everyone -- one Team. Ok -- that's all on that today -- Look at this awesome shot from this morning! God is SO GOOD! And I LOVE sunshine - needed this this morning :)   
 So this week has been good. BUSY but good.  I feel like I have a lot to say and nothing to say all at the same time haha.  Random. I've decided this week that I have a LOT to work on.  Getting more focused in my CrossFit training (strength and skills), getting better at getting my runs in and fueling my body better. I've come a long way and I know that.  60#s is gone -- I've lost a small child at this point.  I feel the best I have felt since high school -- and in all actuality, I feel better then I did then. I've lost my main focus and I need to get back to it.  Since the holidays, my eating has been sub par and I know I need to get it back in check.  I've gotten to comfortable in my WODs, quit running and told myself I could eat what I want.  Taking the two weeks off of CrossFit then starting back up jumped my body into a small weight loss - enough to put me at my lowest weight yet, but then I slipped. I'm getting it back.  NO MATTER WHAT!!
This happened this week -- Shannon from Badass Fitness hosted a 12 hour plank challenge.  SO since I spent my day at school, I got some of my kiddos involved.  Fitness is a good mental break and planks can help everyone. They really enjoyed it and we had fun with it.  They know about my CrossFit obsession and running.  They always want to go with me.  I enjoy getting to share my passions with them, and it was fun to get them involved. 
If I can motivated them in anyway I can I will!  Motivation is not something that last.  It is something we have to focus on daily.  I have to remember that on the days I just don't want to do anything that I am pushing forward for a reason.  I have a LOT of stuff I want to do and to get my goals, I have to keep up my hard work and push through the days I don't want to do anything.  Like yesterday, I wanted to go home and go to bed.  Just slept the afternoon/evening away, but I had OLY class and wasn't going to miss hanging out with my Valentine :) Had a good session -- Drop snatch 6x3, 4x2 then 2 Clean pulls + Power cleanx6 then high snatch pulls 6x3.








OH and guess what, guess what?!? Karli (my bloggy/twitter/CrossFit buddy) and I both need a reset.  A get re-focused on our eating habits and help blast our goals.  Welcome to our PALEO ZONE :) She was trying the Whole30 for a while but we both just have trouble with the commitment.  So, we got to talking and we are going to do a 30-day Paleo challenge together.  We both need someone to help hold us accountable. No cheats meals - no "this isn't that bad" excuses.  The only thing I am allowing in 2 days of drinks allowed (because I already signed up for a Pub Crawl with my Jerz crew and AC w/T & Laur). I am SUPER excited to do this.  I need someone to hold me accountable for what I am doing and to check in on me.
I know some people are still figuring out what it is, but if you want to do a 30Day challenge -- jump on board with us! Starts Monday (the 18th) and will go till March 20th.  I promise you will feel better then you have in a long time. 
This image pretty much sums up what you need to know.  There are different levels of Paleo (paleo, primal, etc.) But you do what is best for you.  It's not an expensive lifestyle.  It's a conscious choice to do something that will be beneficial to your life and your body.

PS I started with the #nogirlypushups this week -- 2 days in so far.  Looking forward to see what I get to.  I know I have a lot of work with my push ups. Oh and I signed up to do the Tough Mudder with my CrossFit Aspire crew!! AHHHHHH I swear, I can be talked into almost anything haha!

Also - my girls made it to the playoffs.  First year with a girls team.  They have done well. I am proud of them.  We lost our game, but I am SO proud to be one of their coaches.  <3>

Happy Friday loves!
~xoxo
M

8 comments:

  1. you are fierce! Congrats on the 60 and even better is that you FEEL fantastic. Love it.
    Happy, happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at how busy you've been!! So pumped for our challenge :) Time to get focused and back on track! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! I can't wait for tomorrow and to get started!! GO TIME :) <3

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the Whole 30 challenge- it's great to have a partner for accountability.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think having accountability makes it all different!! Can't wait to get started!

      Delete
  4. Hey, just found your blog! I'm going to stalk your Tough Mudder journey and live vicariously!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thanks! We start training next week :)

      Delete