You have to love the support of the blogging community, really. A couple weeks ago -- Phaedra over at Blisters and Black Toenails nominated me for a Liebster award. I've never heard of this award but after reading her blog, it sounded quite fun! To quote Phaedra who quoted Ty, "a Liebster award is for upcoming bloggers with less than 200 followers to help raise interest in their blog and connect with other like-minded bloggers." Sweet -- I love learning more about my bloggy/twitter/motivations I follow :)
- Each nominated person must post 11 things about themselves.
- Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
- Create 11 questions for the people you've nominated.
- Nominate 11 people and link them to your post.
- Go to their page and tell them and most importantly, NO TAG BACKS!
1. I have a slight obsession with Tigger - always have. I have a million Tigger things from stuffed animals to ornaments. I've been told I'm like him haha
2. I'm double jointed in almost every joint in my body.
3. I am somewhat obsessive about recycling paper. (This was one of Phaedra's too -- I get so stressed with the amount wasted at school)
4. I have a SUPER short attention span
5. I want to cycle from coast to coast one day.
6. I've done two marathons
7. I want to learn to surf
8. I wish I could do something with running or CrossFit for a living (train people, coach, social media for a company involved in the industry, etc.)
9. I am always wondering what I would have done if I didn't teach
10. I started running after a friend passed away - and it has changed my life
11. I am terrified of getting married and being alone all at the same time
Here are my answers to Phaedra's questions
1. Speed work: Love it or loathe it? -- I loathe it, but I think only because I am SO slow haha I'm being forced to do a LOT more now a days so it's getting better
2. How did you get into running? I actually started running after one of my good friends passed away -- he kept telling me to start running and go check out Fleet Feet Knoxville. After he passed it took a couple months but I finally went and the rest is history.
3. What is your one guilty pleasure? This is hard -- do I say CSI & TrueBlood since I don't miss those shows or chocolate bc I LOVE it haha I'm not sure how to answer this :)
4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? A beach or island -- but that's only if I could visit places with snow. I love warm weather & water, but couldn't stay away from snow forever.
5. Do you have a bucket list? If so what's #1 on it? I do -- I don't have a set order -- it's all mixed up as things come to my head or I find out about
6. What piece of gear could you NOT live without? Running - my shoes and for CrossFit my nanos
7. Do you have a bad habit you want to break? Skipping runs bc I'm tired or didn't schedule enough time
8. What is your go to pre race meal? half a bagel w/peanut butter
9. Do you prefer to run in cold or the heat? Cold
10. What do you love about running? I love my ME time -- I can clear my head and think about stuff
11. Are you a solo runner or do you run with a group? Currently solo -- but I'd much rather have a group -- nobody here to run with currently
And my nominations are....
Jilly @ Paleo Pantz
Karli @ Keep Going
Alex @ Alex Tries It Out
Megan @ Run Like A Grl
Bang @ Run Like Hell
Jennifer Lynn @ Wine To Weightlifting
Abby @ Back at Square Zero
BFFAW @ HalfTri-ing
Laura @ Mommy, Run Fast
Sarah @ My Mostly Healthy Life
Maria @ Lil Mys Ninja
Now my questions for them!
1. How did you get into CrossFit and/or running?
2. Do you have a bucket list? If so, what's #1 on it?
3. What has been your favorite race and/or CrossFit competition?
4. What motivates you to keep going?
5. What is one habit you have that you wish you could break?
6. If you could have ANY job in the world - what would you do?
7. What's your favorite piece of gear for CrossFit and/or running?
8. What is your go to pre race/comp meal?
9. Do you take supplements? If so, what?
10. What do you love about CrossFit/running?
11. What is your next BIG race or competition?
Looking forward to reading all your answers! Thanks to Phaedra for the nomination!