Sunday, August 26, 2012

Superhero Sunday



Whoever thought that I would be so happy changing my life to this extreme? I know I have said it once, twice or maybe three times; however, I LOVE CrossFit Aspire. It is the best decision I ever made. I think it is hard when you head into something like CrossFit.  I get it a lot from people -- I can't believe you do that, I could never do it, how hard is it, it's not for people like me, I don't want to get bulky, etc.  I'm not bulky - I'm not amazingly strong - I'm not a Superhero...YET!  They key is yet! I may not be able to do a pull-up or a full push-up; however, I know it WILL happen.  A lot of hard work and hopefully changing my diet/nutrition will pay off.  I know some people get overwhelmed at the thought of it, but anyone could do it.  That's the beauty of CrossFit. You can scale any movement to your ability, and once you get the movements down you'll kick tail!! Today (THANKS to Sharon for being a HUGE help and a kick ass judge) I got down the clean - got up to 100#!!!!!!! I am BEYOND stoked and very ready to push myself to new levels.

PS - I also want to just tell you how AMAZING of a group they are at CrossFit Aspire. I love it - making friends, and getting to know other people.  And to get to push everyone who in turn pushes you back! Today was a FABULOUS day!

Weekend workout recap --


Saturday started out with a awesome run with my Fleet Feet Marlton half marathon group -- we are now three weeks out from Rock 'n' Roll Philly -- and I can NOT wait to see this group run!! I love my interval ladies -- they really are amazing.  I've talked one of them, Jen, into running with me more and doing the Disney full marathon with me in January. Now, both Jen and Lauren are doing the Cooper Norcross Run the Bridge with me in November. 

Today's competition was OUTSTANDING!!

WOD 1 --> 750m row and push press till fail at 65#.

WOD 2 --> you had 10 minutes to do 4 rounds: 20 Wallballs (25#), 15 wallballs (14lbs -- for the record, they kicked my tail but as Justin said "you have to start pushing somewhere") and 10 burpees.  Ok - first, without Sharon, I would have NEVER finished the part I did.  Did I finish? No, I did not. I am not mad nor upset about it. I gave my all and that's all I want to do.  Funny how this WOD alone kicked my butt harder then my 8 mile run Saturday! haha

WOD 3 --> 6 minutes to get up to your max clean. It took me a while, but I did it.  Again, I had Sharon for my judge and she was my God send.  She helped pushed me and figure out.  Her help on my form made it 10x easier.  I got up to 100# and feel like I might have gotten more, but the time I figured it out time was up.

I didn't come in last so that was helpful :)

Paleo starts soon -- still trying to finish my book. TrueBlood & The Newsroom are over so bed time!

~xoxo

M

No comments:

Post a Comment